Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 84 ~ Wallpaper-a-day "Forsythia"

For those of you who don't live in New England, forsythia is a deciduous shrub that is covered with yellow flowers before the leaves arrive in the early spring. I photographed these flowers in the wind, capturing the flowers and the movement as one.

Lena liked the version above because it already looked like a painting but I felt it lacked the painterly feel I was looking for. I painted on top of the photograph and came up with the version below. NA4073-7D

A little computer manipulation and I have other color ways, styles and intensities. Monochrome-NA4073-7
Colorful-NA4073-7B
Mellow-NA4073-5B
 Subtle-NA4073-5
Intense-NA4073-6
 Really Intense-NA4073-6B
 The whole repeat, which is 34.5" x 27".




No comments:

Post a Comment